In maths this term, we will be practising:
- Counting on and back from a given number
- Reading and writing numbers in numerals and words
- Recognising and showing numbers using objects and pictures
- Finding 1 more / less than a given number
- Counting on in 2s
- Knowing our number pairs to 10
- Recognising and naming common 2D and 3D shapes.
- Our main focus in maths for the Autumn Term is getting to know our new 'Maths, No Problem!' books. This is a new and different way of learning Maths for the children, and will really encourage them to talk through their thinking in Maths, use Mathematical language, and master the skills necessary for Year 1. We will continue to use our Maths exercise books for some parts of our lessons, but will also have a workbook.
- Parents and carers can learn more about it by looking at some of these short video clips, by Dr.Yeap Ban Har:
This term in maths, we will be practising:
- Naming positions in queues.
- Naming left and right positions.
- Numbers to 20.
- Writing numbers to 20.
- comparing and ordering numbers.
- Number patterns.
- Addition and subtraction within 20.
- Subtraction by counting backwards.
- 3D shapes and patterns.
- Measuring lengths and height.