Our reading lesson today is reading the next chapter of The Explorer.
You can find the chapter below.
Have a look at the questions below and think about them as you are reading the chapter
L.C: I can use a dictionary to find word meanings. (Have a look at the PowerPoint below for the lesson, task and answers)
1) Play Pictionary or charades or hangman with the words from last week – exquisite, iridescent, pungent, swathe, fumbling, quiver, impenetrable, baffled. If you don’t have anyone to play with test yourself on the words to make sure you remember them.
2) Have a look through the PowerPoint to refresh using a dictionary. If you don't have a dictionary at home you can use an online one https://www.dictionary.com/
3) Have a go at the matching activity and deeper learning below.
L.C: I can ask inferential questions.
1) Have a look at the PowerPoint - What are inferential questions?
2) Have a look at the texts on the board - what inferential questions could we come up with?
e.g. How is Fred feeling? - Find the clues in the text
3) Pick two pages from the text 'The Trap' and come up with some inferential questions
Send me your questions on Purple Mash!
Today we will be doing a comprehension - this is to practice answering reading questions.
Have a look at the comprehension below you can pick from 1 star, 2 star and 3 star.
I suggest if you are aiming for greater depth do 3 stars and everyone else do 2 stars.
Answer the questions and then check your answers - send me your scores on Purple Mash