Use your previous knowledge and the text to help you to answer the questions below. Write a blog post with your answers on our Fantastic Mr Fox Blog.
- Why is Mr Fox glum?
- Why was there no food that night?
- Do you think that Mrs Fox cared a lot about Mr Fox? Explain how you know using evidence from the text.
- Other than the pain, what else do you think could have been stopping Mr Fox from sleeping that night?
- Why do you think that the scraping noise was the most frightening noise a fox could ever hear?
- Why do you think Mrs Fox worries that the farmers will kill her children?
- What do you think the writer meant by ‘The sight of this awful thing seemed to have an electric effect upon Mr Fox.’?
- How do you think the foxes felt when they looked back at their tunnel?