Summer Term 1
In English we will:
- use and punctuate direct speech
- create noun phrases
- use commas to separate items in lists
- organise paragraphs around a theme
- learn the features of an explanation text
- use a wider range of conjunctions to write sentences with more than one clause
In maths we will:
- identify properties of 2-d shapes and drawing these
- recognise and describing 3-d shapes
- make models of 3-d shapes
- identify horizontal and vertical lines
- identify pairs of perpendicular and parallel lines
- identify right angles
- identify angles that are greater and less than a right angle
- identifythe number of right angles in half, three-quarters and a whole turn
- recognise equivalent fractions
- compare and order fractions
Our topic is 'A Bug’s Life'. We will investigate the following questions:
- What is an animal?
- Where do butterflies come from?
- How does a caterpillar hide from predators?
- How do animals adapt to their environment?
- How can we celebrate what makes us special?