Welcome to Lilac!
Teacher - Miss Coleman
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Gordan
When you enter this classroom...you are scientists, you are explorers, you are respected, you are a friend, you are the reason we are here! We have had a great start to the 2015/16 year with all of the Year 2 children working hard on the exciting projects we have been doing. We work hard to ensure the children are in a supportive learning environment to bring out the very best in them.
Explore our class page to learn a little more about what we are doing to progress your child's education and social development.
We encourage the children in all areas of English, Maths, Creativity and Social Skills. The classroom is a place of discovery with projects inspiring the children to learn, interact and share ideas. The children are provided with constant constructive feedback to progress their learning. As parents, carers and the child's support; we ask for you to boost further learning outside of the classroom. Use this website to advise on what you can do to help your child increase their knowledge and skills.
Tips for helping your child to enjoy books:
- Encourage your child to pretend to 'read' a book before he or she can read words.
- Visit the library as often as possible - take out CDs and DVDs as well as books.
- Schedule a regular time for reading - perhaps when you get home from school or just before bed.
- Buy dual-language books if English isn’t your family’s first language - you can talk about books and stories, and develop a love for them, in any language.
- Look for books on topics that you know your child is interested in - maybe dragons, insects, cookery or a certain sport.
- Make sure that children’s books are easily accessible in different rooms around your house.
All information taken from http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/parents/primary_support/