Collecting children from school
Safeguarding the children is our highest priority and in doing so we would ask that parents take account of the following in respect of the collection of children from school.
- Children should only be collected in session time with evidence of a medical appointment
- If a child is to be collected by someone not known to the staff in school, a password should be provided to ensure that the child is handed to the correct person
- If you need to change the arrangements for the collection of your child, please let us know in advance. If we are not aware of the change in arrangements we will call you to check that the request is legitimate
- If you direct a sibling to collect your child, they should be at least 14 years old (in line with NSPCC guidance) and have the maturity to take good account of road safety and stranger danger
- Children in Y5 and 6 may make their way home independently. NSPCC guidance suggests that schools should have systems in place to ensure that children younger than this and making their way home independently, are of a level of maturity to cross roads safely and have an awareness of stranger-danger