What do I need to bring to school?
- Water bottle (water only please, no juice)
- PE kit (Laurel Class have PE on Monday)
- A smile :)
How can I look after my belongings?
- Make sure your clothes have your name in them. Coats and jumpers are easily lost if they have no name in them.
- Hang your coat on your peg.
- Put your book bag, lunch box and water bottle in their places when you get to school.
What will I do in Laurel Class?
- make friends
- share and take turns with friends
- choose your own learning
- do lots of group activities
- learn how to be part of a team
- learn about books and stories
- learn to tell stories and act out stories
- paint, draw and make models
- learn about numbers and counting
- learn about shapes, money, measuring and other mathematics
- make your own choices
- use lots of different things like sand, water, games, bikes, scooters, jigsaws, puppets, books, whiteboards, pens, crayons, scissors, glue, toy animals, cars, trains and lots of other things!
- learn all about phonics to help you read and write
- learn to be responsible for yourself and your actions
- go on visits out of school
- sing and dance
- look after our classroom and school
- have fun!!
What should I do if I am worried about something?
- Talk to Mrs Leafe or Mrs Reston.
- We want everyone to be happy.
- We will help you to make sure you are happy.
- Talk to your parents too. They need to know if something is worrying you.
Will I have homework?
- The most important homework you will have is to share stories and books with your parents.
- We will expect you to practise your reading everyday at home.
- You will get rewards for reading at home.
- Other homework jobs will be in your book bag.
- Mrs Leafe and Mrs Reston are always interested to hear about other things you have done at home.
- You can bring things in from home (like pictures or 'Wow' notes from your parents) and we will put them in your 'Busy Bee Books'