What do I need to bring to school?
- Book Bag
- Water bottle (water only, please)
- P.E. kit (Redberry Class have P.E on Monday
- A smile
Book Bag Water Bottle P.E. Kit
How can I look after my belongings?
- Make sure your clothes have your name in them. Coats and jumpers are easily lost if they are not named.
- Hang your coat on your peg.
- Put your book bag, lunchbox and water bottle in their special places when you get to school.
What will I do in Redberry Class?
- make friends
- share and take turns with friends
- choose your own learning
- do lots of group activities
- learn how to be part of a team
- learn about books and stories
- learn to tell and act out stories
- paint, draw and make models
- learn about numbers and counting
- learn about shapes, money, measuring and other mathematics
- use lots of different things like sand, water, games, bikes, scooters, jigsaws, puzzles, puppets, books, whiteboards, pens, crayons, scissors, glue, toy animals, cars, trains, and many more!
- learn all about phonics to help you read and write
- learn to be responsible for yourself and your actions
- go on visits out of school
- sing and dance
- look after our classroom and our school
- have fun!
Some of the fun things you might get to do in our Foundation Unit!
What should I do if I am worried about something?
- Talk to Miss Bassett or Mrs Keeling
- We want everyone to be happy
- We will help you to make sure you are happy
- Talk to your parents too. They need to know if something is worrying you.
Will I have homework?
- The most important homework is to share books and stories with your parents.
- We will expect you to practise your reading every day at home.
- You will get rewards for reading at home.
- Other homework jobs will be in your book bag.
- Miss Bassett and Mrs Keeling are always interested to hear about other things you have been doing at home.
- You can bring things from home to show us, such as swimming certificates, wow notes, photos of achievements, and we will put these in your busy bee file.