Welcome to Lilac!
Teacher - Miss Coleman
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Gordan
When you enter this classroom...you are scientists, you are explorers, you are respected, you are a friend, you are the reason we are here! We have had a great start to the 2015/16 year with all of the Year 2 children working hard on the exciting projects we have been doing. We work hard to ensure the children are in a supportive learning environment to bring out the very best in them.
Explore our class page to learn a little more about what we are doing to progress your child's education and social development.
Tips for helping your child to enjoy books:
- Encourage your child to pretend to 'read' a book before he or she can read words.
- Visit the library as often as possible - take out CDs and DVDs as well as books.
- Schedule a regular time for reading - perhaps when you get home from school or just before bed.
- Buy dual-language books if English isn’t your family’s first language - you can talk about books and stories, and develop a love for them, in any language.
- Look for books on topics that you know your child is interested in - maybe dragons, insects, cookery or a certain sport.
- Make sure that children’s books are easily accessible in different rooms around your house.
All information taken from http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/parents/primary_support/