"Hello, I'm New Here!"
This half term, we are going to be thinking about our school and our local area, and where we are in the country and in the world.
We are going to imagine that a new family are going to be moving from another country to Beeston and that the children of the family will be coming to join our school.
- How would we describe our school / Beeston to them?
- What will they see when they arrive?
- What would we tell them to look out for?
- What is special about where we are, and
- What do we think they will like about it?
We will be...
- looking at maps and atlases, including Google Maps
- walking around our school building and grounds,
- venturing out into the area immediately around our school, including our school allotment
- drawing our own maps of our local area
- learning about British artist L.S.Lowry, and looking at his work. (He drew and painted lots of pictures of towns and cities and the people in them).
- finding out about Lowry's life
- doing our own drawings and paintings in the style of Lowry.
- observing plants at the allotment
- learning about types of plants and identifying different plants
- naming and labelling the parts of a plant